Friday, February 20, 2015

Another Birthday Dress!

Well, now I am officially out of my teenage years! And what better way to ring in a new decade than celebrating in Colonial Williamsburg in a brand new dress?

This dress used the exact same pattern as the red dress from last year, and I even wore the cream petticoat under my new blue one. I sewed it in around seven hours total for both the gown and petticoat. I had originally been intending to sew a set of stays to match, but unfortunately taking three history classes means lots of extra reading and writing homework! So, the good news is that there will be a new post soon about my stays! Anyway, here is the dress, paired with last year's red cape, as well as some gray mitts my best friend crocheted for me.

Behind the Governor's Palace

Pretending to be a southern belle (the Public Hospital looks like a plantation from this angle)

Getting to hear Lafayette speak and talking with him afterwards was definitely a high point of my birthday!

We also visited some of my favorite trades, like the Weaver's Shop!

Behind the Wythe House



No comments:

Post a Comment