Monday, August 14, 2017

Day 14: Dream Project

            I have always loved flowy, poofy dresses that use way too much fabric and are completely impractical. Therefore, my dream project is Scarlett’s Prayer Dress from Gone with the Wind. I do have a corset and a shift that are from the correct era, but my hoop skirt needs work (or I just need to sew another one entirely, I’m not sure), and I don’t have the right shoes. Even worse, the gown itself uses a ridiculous amount of fabric, and I don’t have a single occasion to wear it! However, I want to sew this ensemble something awful.




            I’m hoping that some ridiculous costume party or a crazy costumed ball will come up in the future so I have an excuse to finally toss my hair and say “fiddle-dee-dee” in the right clothing, but until then I’ll just stick to sketching the pattern and guestimating yardages in my notebooks!

Just look at how this dress moves, of course I want it!

1 comment:

  1. I've always preferred her curtain dress, or the scarlet woman one. That one is just too 'frilly dee-dee' for me!

    ReplyDelete