Friday, August 4, 2017

Day 4: Fave Friday - Favorite Era

            It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone – my favorite era is the 1770’s. I love the gowns, the historical figures, the music, the struggle for American freedom, and of course the museums that bring my favorite time period to life. The late 18th century was a time of great change, and it’s fascinating to see how that change swept through politics, families, food, music, and even clothing. Also, from a much more vain perspective, I think that the gowns of the 1770’s are very flattering to me, and it’s a style I’ve been comfortable in since day one. At this point in my life, having dedicated countless thousands of hours to studying, creating parts of, and portraying the 1770’s, I don’t think I could live without some form of late-18th century expression in my life.

           I'm also thrilled to be able to portray the 18th century at work every day, and to really dig into what makes the late 1700's tick. There are so many misconceptions about the past, and one of my favorite things about my job is getting to bust history myths while simultaneously making the past not just real for visitors, but also relatable.


I love the 18th century whether I'm working or playing!



No comments:

Post a Comment