Thursday, August 24, 2017

Day 24: Unexpected Source

Most of my sources are historical in some way, so it's always a surprise when I make something that's not connected to history at all. Usually, these creations are made during the month of October, in preparation for Halloween, and today's source is no exception.



I usually make costumes for a few of my friends, and during my sophomore year one of my good friends (his nickname is Spaceman), told me that he wanted to go as someone from the beloved comic strip Calvin and Hobbes. We immediately jumped to Spaceman Spiff, and I quickly sketched out a costume plan. It came together rather quickly, with a blue shirt and pants, some sewn up spats, yellow detailing, and a modified belt and toy gun to complete the look.

There were also glasses for it, although I can't find a picture of them right now...
I've never sewn from a comic strip before, but I was so glad to have the opportunity to make this costume! It's perfect for Spaceman, and he's worn it for multiple Halloweens since!

1 comment:

  1. I love costumes that come together pretty easily! He looks like he really loves it too, nice one

    ReplyDelete